Weight loss tracker!

Monday, April 26, 2010

First Lap Band Fill

Just finished my first lap band fill with Dr. T. It was amazingly painless and simple.
The doctor used the flouroscope to locate the fill port and then inserted the needle. Did I say needle? This thing was at least 4 inches long. Truthfully, I didn't anything since he numbed up the area.
After locating the fill port with the needle, I stood up infront of the flouroscope so that I could drink some barrium and watch it enter the stomach. It was pretty cool to see. The doctor removed a little of the saline that he had put in, and I had to drink another sip of the barium and got to watch it flow through. It was really cool to see.
Anyway, the first fill is done.

Today my lovely bride also had the Lap Band placed in her. We are doing this as a team. I love her.

1 comment:

  1. This blog is very informative and knowledgeable, it's showing piece of advice related to Band Fills. great job, kindly keep it up. thanks for share it.

    ReplyDelete