Weight loss tracker!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

24 hours Post Op

I am 24 hours post operative. Pretty sore on the abdomen, which is expected considering. Couldn't urinate last night and the bladder was very, very full. So, long story short, a catheter was used to drain over 900 cc's from the bladder. Thank goodness, I was able to go on my own overnight and this morning. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

This morning I went down to radiology for a swallow study, to make sure that the stoma is open and there are no problems. it is very important that the lap band is allowing food and drink to flow. Everything went well. Had about a cup of chicken broth, 1/2 cup apple juice and a little jello. Then a nice shower.

Still waiting for the doctor to come in to visit. We will be meeting with a dietitan again, and then with the bariatric coordinator. should be able to leave the hospital around 1:30 or 2.

I am looking forward to getting home this afternoon.

Thanks for all the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment