Weight loss tracker!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Making progress.

In preparation for my Lap Band revision to Vertical Sleeve, we are making progress. Since I received the phone call on March 21st from the surgeons office, I have had my pre-op physical and the consultation with my surgeon.
As a reminder, this surgery is necessary because of the complications I had with my lap band. When the Lap Band was fist put in I weighed 355 pounds. I lost just over 100 pounds in the first year. Then the weight crept up some, but it was still manageable. Last August, my band slipped causing my opening to close up. While the doctor went in to unbuckle my band, he found my gall bladder inflamed so he removed that also.
 
After waiting a few months for healing to take place, I started the process of getting lap band removed and revised to the vertical sleeve.
 
To say I'm getting excited would be an understatement. My surgery date is April 7th. The surgeon advised me that the surgery will take about 4 hours because of the extra work that needs to be done because of the lap band removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment