Weight loss tracker!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pre-Op Surgery appointment yesterday

Yesterday we had our pre-op surgery appointment for the Lap Band with the doctor. He described how the surgery day would go, and the procedure again. I told him that I am excited and nervous at the same time. He let me know that he would be worried if I wasn't.

The before pictures were taken. A profile and front on shot. I will post some of these later.

I will be released the next day after a swallow study is completed in the morning, and then I prove that I can hold down liquids. Sometime around noon.

Anyway, he told me that I would be catheterized during the surgery and through the next morning. I asked why he couldn't remove it while I was still under anesthesia? He told me that they need to monitor my urine output for possible problems, and that it really isn't any big deal. I asked him if he was ever catheterized. He smiled and said no. I told him that I will pee in whatever container that he wants, that I want it removed before I wake up. I just smiled. I told him I'm serious, and that until he has a tube stuck in his junk not to tell me it's no big deal.

Anyway, today is the fourth day of the liquid diet. It got a little easier today, but being hungry pretty much sucks.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment