Weight loss tracker!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First Step

Hello,
This is the first blog post of what will be many more as I log and follow my progress on changing my life forever. You are probably asking how is he changing his life? Well, on March 31, 2010, I will be undergoing surgery to have the Lap Band applied to my stomach.

After having spent most of my adult life overweight, I feel like it is time. I have tried just about every diet out there, with success. The problem is that I could never maintain the weight loss. At 48 years old, it is time.

I have spent the last year researching weightloss surgery, and decided that the lap band was the safest choice for me. The exciting part of all of this is that my lovely wife is also going to have the surgery also, just about a month after me.

I was not always over weight. When I was in high school I played several sports, including football and basketball. I worked two jobs at a time. I even mowed lawns around the neighborhood. I was the picture of fitness. I played football and basketball my first year of college also. I decided I would rather travel and make money so I joined the U.S. Air Force when I was 20 years old. Believe it or not, that is when I started gaining weight. After just 1 1/2 years in the Air Force, I actually gained 80 pounds. I lost 60 punds of that weight with hours of hard work and exercise. After my honorable discharge from the military, I slowly started to gain weight. That is when I started to "Yo-Yo" diet.

Anyway, last year I injured my knee and proceeded to gain 50 pounds. It took me less than a year to gain the weight, but it is here none the less. The pain in my knee following the surgery makes any form of exercise extrememly uncomfortable.

Anyway, March 31st is the magic day the change starts. I will be posting to keep others informed and hopefully provide inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment